Friday, July 25, 2008

Malaysia deserves better !

It is indeed shocking and depressing to know, and you better believe this folks, the whole world IS watching and laughing at us, Malaysians, in these trying and frustrating political times !

Malaysia is often cited as a Muslim country that has successfully embraced modern technology and participatory democracy. Its success in building an economy based on knowledge and enterprise is evident. Its ability to run a just and transparent democracy is far less apparent.......

Reports from the TimesOnline (21st. July 2008) of London carried the above opening paragraph this week and reading it makes me wanna get angry yet recoil in shame of what the world thinks of us in this country which was once paradise (and that seems so very long ago...). And yet....we have at the end of the story, this endearing and hopeful line.......

.................Malaysia deserves better.

Click to read the full story here

How do you restore that faith we had on this once proud country ? Do we blame them foreigners for the wicked conclusions that they draw with their opinions ? We, as Malaysians today, have been washing our dirty linen in public. Controversies, hypocrisies, denials and humiliating one another has been the order of the day almost everyday ! Corruption and abuse of power is second nature in all levels of public services, and the King's once noble and uniformed servants are grovelling at publicly elected representatives' feet ! Where is and what has happened to their allegiance to honor and serve His Majesty ? Who is in charge now ?....will somebody please tell me if we have lost everything and sold our souls to the devil ?

God bless and heal my sick country, sigh !

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we ask –
Duli Yang Maha Mulia (DYMM) Al-Wathiqu Billah Tuanku Mizran Zainal Abidin Ibni Al-mahrum Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah, who is the Sixteenth Sultan of the State of Terengganu and the Thirteenth Yang Di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.


Yellow Rose of Texas

Anonymous said...

It's astonishing the amount of international attention we're getting since the most charismatic of politician came back with a vengence. It is a good thing if the ruling government can be whipped harsher to perform, or else. we Malaysians do deserve better, so we should know better than be hoodwinked into believing everything a man who brands himself as a democratic reformer say. he's not without shady past and own political agenda. It's easy to pinpoint the sore-point of the frustrated people and exploit it.

Anonymous said...

i've already finished reading the article on timesonline.

yes,the truth will prevail.but the question is,but is telling the truth?Anwar or the govt under the leadership of Pak Lah?

the timesonlonline takes is more towards Anwar.how about the Pak Lah or the govt side?.both should be consider to show the transparency of the news.

Anonymous said...

This has to stop. It's time for our leaders to reflect back on the things that they have done and move forward with a spirit to lift Malaysia even further.
This matter shouldn't be taken lightly as it involved the image and integrity of our country.

andrea bakhita yip said...

Hey, Godpa... When is this going to stop?? It's like not ending, but whatever it is I want the true to be out and, who is false should be charged!!And only God knows the ture

Unknown said...

Of course The Times means Badawi's crooked government has continued the destruction of democracy - not that there was much left to destroy after Mahatir's 22 years of theft from and rape of the people.
How anybody can suggest they have Anwar in mind is beyond me. It is a decade since he was cut off at the knees by the crooked Mahatir and his thugs.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is certainly good news for Anwar because this is exactly what he's been looking for. World wide media coverage. No wonder he's really busy lately in creating uproar for the whole world to see.

Anonymous said...

Dear shanghai,
I know one "policeman" who will definitely fit the bill if you need a blinding example of everything said in those articles, all summarised into one jakun-like embarassment of a human.

Anonymous said...

Shanghai man, corruption is part of our daily lives. Everybody from the police (mostly them) to government servants to newspaper editors are on the take. Yet they blame those powerless subordinates like sportsmen and footballers when they are found to be on the take. Screw this system. Let's all just take what we can and live happily ever after!

Shanghai Fish said...

kelong jimmy,
Guess I can more or less who that "policeman" you are referring to !But then again....chill...live and let live man ! You only can go through this life once....so be as anyone you "pretend" to wannabe !
Cheers man !

Anonymous said...

Mr. Shanghai, well just hope you can keep the kid under control and not cause embarrassment with his antics in the go-kart event to which we've been invited to on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I think many time. I very corruption mad like many time polis try stop me ask money but I have polis sticker on my car window. So scared polis don't stop, just say jalan. How can polis do like this? This mean polis sticker very good can not stop you at road block. Very corruption this country.

Anonymous said...

I read Malaysia Today and your website when I get a twinge of homesickness (it's not often, what with the pressures of daily life). But this is an effective tonic. It reminds me why I left to live in a country where I am an equal, I am free, I am not discriminated against and the Govt is afraid of me!The system is very transparent and the people are very kind.

Sad to say I also earn more, have a great lifestyle and family and was given citizenship only after 2 years residence. My kids go to great schools (all for a nominal fee) and I have no great fears about how they will do in life. Nobody asks us about our religion or origins. My only regret is for those I left behind in a that country was just behind Japan so many long years ago.

Edward Skading said...

Dear Blogger,

Hello.

My name is Edward Skading and I am writing to seek your corporation and support to help me uphold our consumer rights against F&N Dairies’ Contaminated Condensed Sweet Milk – Tea Pot brand.

The full information is posted on my weblog http://consumersrighteousness.blogspot.com/. If you wish to contact me please send an email to eddskading@hotmail.com.

I would greatly appreciate your support to expose this incident to all Malaysians because it seems like most main stream media is not interested in this horrible discovery. I wish they would take notice.

I am also in the midst of being taken to court by F&N because of my determination for transparency and truth.

Please come forward and help me. I would greatly value it.


Thank you.

Yours truly,

Edward Skading