Thursday, November 27, 2008

7th. Vigil (23-11-2008)

The 7th. candle-light vigil was more into getting to know the many faces who tirelessly grace these vigils every Sunday evening when they could have been elsewhere like shopping or going to "pasar malams". Azmi, the "not-your-regular-type-of- law professor" sharing his abhorrence and repeal of repressive laws in the country- the ISA !!
Haris up-close with the "permanent fixtures" of candle- light vigils (guess I'm going to get some flak in my choice of words above, hmmmm......forgive me ladies !)
then it is Bernard.....chatting-up the ladies !
Estrelita Soliano or Lita........blogger and crusader who shuttles between here and the little red dot, holding up her version of a "light-candle"(actually it's 2 paper cups glued together with a little battery operated torch-light "shoved-in" from below through an opening- simply genius !!....did I make any sense there ??)
another ingenious idea...Claire with her scintillating "ear-to-ear" smile adorned with a pair of twinkling ear-rings complete with mistletoe's that goes blink, blink, blink alternatively...... just brilliant ! .......must invite her for the whole of December every night to stand in one ear-marked corner of my house .....then I won't have to put up my christmas tree this year.......
I also met Elaine( who froze when I was first introduced by Bernard as an SB....she actually believed I was an operative !!) with her kids Brian and Patricia and close friend Linda
and finally teenagers Jamuna (left) and Sangereswary...............this picture needs no words.....except for this bad resolutions and grainy photos taken with my cell phone camera !

Thank you all you brave and concerned citizens of civil society !
Cheers !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the brave souls who got the guts to stand up and be counted, unlike me. I feel ashamed of myself, a vain armchair critic.

SFGEMS said...

Thanks for counting (highlighting) me among the other brave and courageous people there that night!

Awwwwww and the picture came out nice!

Hugs for you dear!

Anonymous said...

Only women, ah?
Where are the hunks, Stephen?


-doreen-

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

hello and merry xmas to every one - hope yous had a good christmas - just back from tenerefe weather crap , all the best for 2012 -
micky buely