Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bukit Gantang by-election (7-4-2009)

Well folks, by the time you see this post you'd know the out-come of the results, yes ? Okay so PAS won by a good 2,789 majority. But let's have a look at what I saw, as seen through the lens of my camera and on a motor-bike around the Trong area, in Bukit Gantang today. Here goes....


...probably the best selling mask for this by-election....... ....fishing for votes....this guy actually dangled a RM10.00 note at passing motorists displaying the opposition posters or flag...... ....and Husam Musa too "turun padang" to meet the voters......hmmm..... ......a campaigner with arms raised cursing the driver for displaying an opposition flag and voting for the wrong party.......or so he seemed to stress...... ....of course I will not miss out the pretty maidens, eagerly posing for me, near Trong..... ....and another angry campaigner.... perhaps giving the car a flying kick ? ....more angry party members slamming a van for displaying the wrong poster ? ....and they stood side by side in the beginning....and then they took to the other side of the road....
...my favorite campaign "exhibit" decorated with Altantuya's photos and a "corpse" atop a car.....but sadly this car and driver were arrested and secretly hidden behind the Padang Gajah Police Station....... when I had to sneak into a neighbouring kampung house and "shoot" this photo..... Dato Hj. Mustafa Ali (PAS election director) and Surianarayanan (PAS support club,Manager in Perak) middle left and right respectively with Sungei Rotan campaign workers. ....button badges adorn this man.....who needs a bullet-proof vest ? ...and the heat was too much to bear......so a little rest under the shade would do me good too, but.......I had a large area to cover.....the entire Bukit Gantang ....... ....more action and taunting between the sides ! frustration and anger written all over this guy's face as he stares at the antics from across the road...... ...our Light Strike Force keeping the peace between the sides...... .....more face-offs between the sides....
There you go folks.....by the time I finished my tour of Bukit Gantang......I was soaked to the skin.......and I arrived back at the hotel around 6pm.tired but excited as I knew I was going back to a warm shower and a cold beer....okay....a few beers lah !

Good night folks, sleep well and cheers !!!

6 comments:

bennyloh said...

Well done, buddy. Wish I could do a little...(sigh)

A.John said...

Excellent photos capturing the current political mood of the rakyat ! BN despite having "eyes" just don't see it though ! thank you for ur contributions.

From the Land of Hang Tuah said...

Good job done & you guys rock for the bloggers !!

Keep up the great work... the battle is not won yet and still a long way to go.. he he.

The mission is to also breakthrough East Malaysia which is Pakatan's Archilles heel now.

resident.wangsamaju said...

Great stuff. Captures the ambiance of the elections.

Anonymous said...

tq !!

zorro said...

Super job Fish....without you, the 15km walker Shah101, Boom and Duke our coverage would not have been what it was raved about. I salute you heroes.