Thursday, April 02, 2009

Greetings from Taiping !

As sure as it never rains in Southern California, I was greeted with just the opposite as usual as I arrived home in Taiping......the town of my formative years back in the 60's and 70's ! My "kampung"!
Only this time the roads were lined with flags blue and green all the way in. Sorry it doesn't rain in my hometown.......it pours ! So after meeting fellow bloggers Zorro, the Whisperer and Dave, I settled into my room, quickly showered and changed and did what every true blue Taipingite would do........umbrella in hand I strolled over in the rain to what used to be a fellow old Georgian's eatery in old Station Road, and had of course my first plate of the ever famous "Taiping char kuay teow"!
Okay so much about everything that's fantastic in Taiping the "cradle of civilisation"and it's famous food fare ! I was not here for the food, but to actually "feel" the mood on the ground, of the by-election in nearby Bukit Gantang.
We were informed by friends that there was a "ceramah" in Sungei Tinggi, Trong a "kampung" about 35km away and decided to "turun padang" with the gang to see for myself. It sure was a dark and stormy night..... and here I must remind myself to have a serious word with the Wisperer about his rainy-night driving skills.....it was a messy drive all the way there but by the time we arrived there, the rain had eased-up.
No, I did not see the PR's ousted favorite, Nizar nor the BN's local hopeful, Ismail but plenty of police personel everywhere ! What greeted me sure came as a surprise. So I leave you to enjoy the pictures below........and remember, vote wisely, fellow Perakians......vote wisely ! Don't be taken for a ride again and again and again ! Think !
.....seems there is still some place for some more badges, er ?????
....about 50 deep from here......
.....mostly local folks,, braving the over-cast night just to see one person..... was it Nizar.....wrong !
....no...it was for this man......and why do you think he's so happy here ?yes...of course, he's talking about his favorite subject.....the antics of people in BN, and about some foreign country north of China !
....surely these folks are from out of town, even journos perhaps....
Italic
...........and they left as soon as this man finished his speech about an hour later !


Cheers and good-night Perakians....wherever you are, come home and vote !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt la Mr Shanghai Bkt Gantang Pr can show-off la cos of the Pas support there.

But try ur luck la in Bkt selambau you can see the indians there all in masses now are returning back to Samy & Mic following their very own indian Pr leaders 'back home' as there were like the prodigal sons b4 this in Pr hands not taken care off & wonderring here and there in the darkside.

But u dont believe me rite .. this is the realiti of whats happening there & u still in denial mode.

Anonymous said...

No doubt la Mr Shanghai Bkt Gantang Pr can show-off la cos of the Pas support there.

But try ur luck la in Bkt selambau you can see the indians there all in masses now are returning back to Samy & Mic following their very own indian Pr leaders 'back home' as there were like the prodigal sons b4 this in Pr hands not taken care off & wonderring here and there in the darkside.

But u dont believe me rite .. this is the realiti of whats happening there & u still in denial mode.

Anonymous said...

Hi, old G !?