Monday, May 25, 2009

A "little napoleon" in MCA Taiping ?

There seem to be a "little napoleon" in the MCA division in Taiping who has been working "overtime" and who I believe begs a thorough investigation.

The following letter below was sent to me via blogger Capt. Yusof, with the hope that I, as fellow Taipingite could garner the help of someone in Taiping to assist and solving Allan's predicament as he is due in Malaysia in less then 10 days time. Can somebody help ?


Dear Sir,

I am hoping that you can help me, my name is AllanS. (as to protect his identity)

I was seven years old when my sister CT had a mental breakdown and was committed to Hospital Bahagia, Tanjun Rambutan. I am now 57 and she is still there.

In 1971 I left Malaysia for further studies in New Zealand. I made a new life for myself and became a New Zealand citizen.

In 1986 my father died and I returned to my roots and family responsibilities. I am the only son in a Chinese family. The trustees of my sister were uncaring and abrogated their responsibilities.

In 2002 my wife and I took the advice of staff at Tanjung Rambutan, in line with Malaysia’s mental health policy and made preparations to try to partly de -institutionalise CT.
We reopened and renovated the family home in Taiping, retired from full time work in New Zealand so that we could spend several months each year in Taiping and hopefully have CT to stay with us from time to time as her condition allowed.

Today all our efforts are in vain as the family home is virtually ‘land locked’, the entrance (which we need to be able to drive up to with CT) is not accessible to vehicles because of the business practices of a local “Orang Besar” His business operation is illegal with no consideration for the law or common decency. The building is constructed with a temporary building permit (5 years ago) and contains 6 stalls, 1 toilet and no provision for parking, consequently he and his stall holders park in or across the back lane blocking my only access to my home. They park here, are rude and aggressive if they can be located at all and often refuse to move their vehicles.

The man in question is amongst many things:-

=Chairman of Taiping Lions
=Chairman of M.C.A. Taiping
=Chairman of Chinese Chamber of Commerce
=Chairman of the Board of Governors, Hualian High School
=Area Manager ING Insurance

He also has a close association with the High Court staff through his wife who is a Court appointed interpreter.

We have followed due processes to no avail:-

=Written appeal to Yang Di Pertuan, M.P.T.
=Organised a neighbourhood petition to M.P.T.
=Appealed to local M.P. state assembly man.
=Written appeal to Yang Di Pertuan, Hospital Bahagia
=2 meetings with Yang Di Pertuan, M.P.T.
=Sought legal advice.

In a meeting with the Yang Di Pertuan it was stated that ‘Mr Lim is an Orang Besar in Taiping and that some of the councillors and staff might lack the political will to act!”

Indeed the “Politics of Power “ Rules.

I have endured verbal abuse, intimidation from “Tarzans” and threatened with physical violence. My visitors have had their cars broken into, their cars scratched or been blocked in until the early hours of the morning.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to deal with this problem and if possible the names of local contacts in Taiping who may be able to assist me. I am very much the new, old boy in my neighbourhood and I am bewildered with the ignorance and arrogance of ‘new money and power gone mad’

I return to Malaysia in 10 days time and I am fearful that the prevailing madness in Perak politics could lead to more problems from Mr Lim and his ‘Who Dares Wins” attitude.

I thank you for any help you can give me.

Yours faithfully,
Allan S.

Over to you folks in Taiping, please !

5 comments:

The Ancient Mariner said...

Many thanks, bro.

The last time I was in Taiping was more than 40 yrs ago when I was at MCKK. I remember it as a charming and peaceful town and it would be a tragedy if we allow this "Great Peace" be spoiled by these MCA warlords.

Anonymous said...

fish,
what are the DAP fellows doing in Taiping huh? Let them kick some MCA asses and do a expose lah ?

Shanghai Fish said...

Allan S.
I have been strongly advised by at least 3 people that you ring-up every DAP/PKR/ PAS fellow in Taiping and demand they assist you ! They forget Taiping is Pakatan Rakyat country and IF they cannot help...I'll help you kick some of those DAP fellows there !
Cheers !

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should contact the good fellow Datuk Micheal Chong (MCA) who is always on hand to help people in distress (Ah Long problems etc)

If this don't work Pay $5000.00 to a thai hitman to break this Taiping "Taiko"'s balls. with a hammer.
Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

MCA Taiko?

Hey, aint no surprise. ask the gandhi-mandela-king zambry to help lah. but am told might be a fake gandhi.

BN Boleh. Boelh apa?