Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting "stoned" on live tv !

Below are just a few random comments I want to highlight from some ordinary folks here and around the world on religious sensitivities which some in Malaysia would have made a mountain of an issue, enough for Ibrahim Ali to warrant a "jihad" ! But I guess nobody, nowhere in the world is as idiotic as Ib and his merry morons, right ? Go read the full article at the end of these selected comments ;

I'm a muslim woman and fasting at the moment, but it certainly doesn't 'offend' me if other people continue their normal activities around me such as having tea or snacking, that's their prerogative! Maybe I wouldn't go out for a lunch and sit through others eating a full meal. but the onus is definitely on me to decline. Also if the pastry was on the same plate and hence perhaps cooked with the pork sausage, Tamsin, as a muslim shouldn't be parting in this - so really even within muslims there are many who differ in observing the rules.

A lot of fuss over very little I think. A fellow teacher was a Hindu, in a predominantly white school, but the pupils all wished him Merry Christmas, sent him cards and asked what his children were getting. He didn't take offense, he smiled and said thank you, if questioned about his plans for the break, he might explain his beliefs, but he was never upset. The same seems to have applied to this man. Too much of the racial trouble is stirred by other people taking offense on behalf of someone else!

What a stupid article, Adrian realised his mistake and made a joke out of it which was quite funny. No one seemed offended in the slightest!

I'm a Muslim and I don't take any offense if someone offers me pork or anything that my faith forbids me to consume. I'll just say thank you but I can't take that. It's the same if you're a vegetarian, I wouldn't know if you don't tell me. Names doesn't indicate so much of anything these days. You can be called Dylan and be a Muslim or you can be called Ahmad and be a non-Muslim. People need to chill a bit.

Oh so what, it is his choice to do Ramadan, he can't expect everyone else to say no or expect the programme producers to change the format, just because of one guy!! I am sure he wasn't offended or bothered by it, it may have made him feel a bit peckish but hey, it isn't the end of the world, get over it already. We cannot mollycoddle everyone with a different religious belief, they didn't belittle him or force him to eat it - so no harm done. Our general religion in England isn't one where we have ramadan, so it isn't really our problem.

you making something about nothing, stop stirring. - ni, london, 12/8/2011 10:26 Exactly. Adrian offered the sausage to be polite. Dhafer said he couldn't eat it, explained why and wasn't offended. End of.

Does this mean under Sharia Law he gets to be stoned live on TV ?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i wished my hm 'assamlammualaikum'
he asked if i was a muslim . BUKAN i said then dia jawabed JANGAN ulangi !!

Anonymous said...

Ketuanan means that they should be leaders nor followers. Then why when we eat and drink at any time we like, they are influence by us. To me this is an inferiority complex attitude. We can control our own lives and not let other controls it, especially if we think that their behaviour is not good for us.