Thursday, April 05, 2007

MISSING - BOY NAMED YIN, AGED 5.



Have you seen this boy ?

I beg you all Malaysians , help this boy be reunited with his family. Today is day 6 and Shamsul Ghazali Shamsudin of Chemor,Perak is scouring the streets (here) of Kuala Lumpur desperate in the hope of finding his son who went missing while shopping with his family in Sogo ( a department store in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman ).
At a time like this , alot of crazy thoughts would come into the minds of the parents, like what is little Muhammad Nazrin or Yin as he is affectionately called, eating, who is keeping him, is he safe , is he sleeping on the streets,is he still in our country or has he been taken out of this country ( it is quiet easy to come in and out of this country......ask all those who are here illegally...go on ask any Bangla, Myamar, Indian or Indon how many times he's come and gone out undetected... it is sickening but its true... and yes... call me a liar and being unpatriotic..But that is the real deal... folks !!) , has anybody done the worst to him...like these days of crazyness in our once safe country,which even I shudder to write about but you try and picture it !
What would my first reaction be when I see a child alone, maybe crying and lost ? I would coax the child to tell me if he is lost and that if he remembers any telephone numbers of his family , if not then I'd alert the security personel of that establishment and make sure the kid's predicament is publicly announced over the PA system and if no one appears then a police report of the child's whereabouts (as in this case Sogo) and then follow up with the police to ensure that child is properly cared for before, and maybe say a little prayer for his reunion with his family !
But the above scenario is not to be in this little boy's case.....PLEASE TRY AND KEEP A LOOK-OUT... ALL YOU CARING MALAYSIANS...! Even a few of Shamsul's collegues have taken leave from the bank to help distribute flyers in the city urging the public's help to locate this helpless child !
I also heard the shopping complex management has no CCTV footage of the the incident at the material time and location and also at all exit/entry points of the complex, which does not help the police much to work with and which so leaves us to believe maybe, little Yin is still somewhere in the complex, perhaps ? A stream of "worst case scenario" flashes through my mind !
Today almost all shopping complexes in and around the city is manned by "foreigners"-right from the cleaners to security personnel and No... I not saying or pointing a finger on anyone ...but give it a thought, please.... we have heard many stories of children abducted, sodomised, threatened and maimed physically and mentally, just so to be used for begging purposes by some scumbags for their daily financial support for drugs or supplement their income....it's frightening but it is REAL !
This holy week of Lent, I pray for the safety and safe return of little Yin to his emotionally distraught mum and dad. God bless this family please !
You in the meantime pray for little Yin and help pass the word around... Thanks and Godbless!
*Update(7-2-07) BLESSED EASTER TO ALL CHRISTIANS AND GOD BLESS MALAYSIA !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two daughters and I know how it feels like to be in this situation. My first daughter went missing when I was doing Hari Raya shopping few years back, and I was running like mad in the shopping center looking for her. Lucky me, a friend who was working as a floor supervisor there found her. But I'm telling you, it was the longest half an hour in my life!!!

To En. Shamsul Ghazali Shamsudin and family, may all of you be reunited with 'Yin' soonest possible.

Anonymous said...

Shang,

How can I help? I pray for his safety but surely there is more that we can do. Is this in the papers yet?

Shanghai Fish said...

galadriel,
Sad to say only the Malay Mail ( up till today ) is giving extensive coverage to this case...guess the guys at MM are still a 'caring lot' as compared to other mainstream medias !I wonder why !
It must be heart-wrenching for the parents as they live through this ordeal...pray for a happy ending and be on the look-out for a cute little boy named Yin.There is a h/p no. listed in my post link.

Here is the number,anyway.
Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin at 012-5090451 or the nearest police station, please.Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Stephen,

I will email all of school, college & varsity egroups.

I ll email everyone on my clients database & address book.

How can I help more?

Unknown said...

He is my best friend's nephew. I know Samsul & wife very well since the wife and her sister are my school mate. Still no news until now. I call his aunty last night. She told me that they don't want a big coverage now. May be the people who take care of Yin now feel scared if they send Yin to police. Don't know la. Feel so sorry to Samsul and family. I'm praying for the happy ending, Insya-Allah.

Editor said...

Stephen,has this boy been found yet? It is already a week now.My God,I wonder what has happened to him.Hope he has eaten and drunk and not crying.Let us all say a prayer that he be found and handed back to his parents.

Anonymous said...

14 April, 2007 19:36 PM
Yin DiTemui Di Sentul

KUALA LUMPUR, 14 April (Bernama) -- Kanak-kanak yang hilang Mohammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali ataupun Yin ditemui selamat di Sentul petang ini, kata Pemangku Ketua Polis Kuala Lumpur, SAC I Zulhasnan Najib Baharuddin.

>> bernama http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/bm/news.php?id=256761