Monday, November 17, 2014

The Tiger sleeps tonight !


The passing of Cheah Keat Swee better known as Tiger from Taiping and who blogs as The Nocturnal Mind  came as a shock to me as only this morning an old friend Douglas Tay sent me a message urging me to be at the ICU of the KL Hospital tomorrow to bid farewell to Tiger before the doctors' were going to pull the plug from his life support system. 

Then this evening fellow blogger Duke Cheng informed me that  the Tiger has passed on ! 

By the way, "Tigers" is a nick for King Edward VII school because of the 2 Red Tigers as emblems on its badge and is the school across a big monsoon drain from my alma mater, St George's Institution of Taiping or known as the Green Dragons !

I met this big fellow, a school rugby player and a fellow Taipingite from the school across the drain, for the first time one evening in June, at The National Press Club KL to celebrate Bernard "el zorro" Khoo life. He was certainly larger then life but was a keen listener and spoke with a thunderous voice and a wink. We hit it off great from "hello Shanghaifish....." and knocking glasses and promised to meet again for drinkies......but alas, that never happened.

This news of Tiger's passing is indeed disturbing and I am saddened to loose yet another matey from ye olde' school and me home-town. 

Rest well and in peace my friend. You will be missed by many and I promise I will again raise my glass of malt, high in your name and honour. 

Cheers Tiger ! 
Up-dated 19th. Nov. 2014@6.30pm.     

2 comments:

Andrew Gopal said...

May you rest in peace 'Tiger'.

Tiger said...

He was our KE Head Boy in 1978.
RIP KS.