Friday, October 05, 2012

Najib's 1Malaysia...taken for a "cab"-ride !

We are the CHAMPIONS........we have made it again - 1numero uno !
Read all about our disgraceful front-line promoters of 1Malaysia  here  !

If I had my way, I'd gleefully shove a live snake up their arses. That's how pissed off I get whenever I hear of stories of our country's most important front-line promoters engaged to impress tourists and woo visitors to Malaysia. And trust me, I've heard alot. 

You might argue that I'm wrong to paint them all with 1brush, but I'm certain there are good cabbies, yes but they are as rare as a hippo with a hernia, right ? These Malaysian cabbies are a shameless lot, without any honour or integrity but will readily brake in heavy traffic to pick up "white" foreign tourists anytime. 

I heard my foreign lady friend complain that the minute the cab driver heard her heavily accented Pinoy English one afternoon, he decided to say he was not familiar with the route but "will try" and secretly hoped this foreign lady too was not. Imagine a city cab driver who did not know how to get to Jalan Ipoh from KL Sentral station. She ended up paying RM23 for a usual RM6 to RM8 ride. Does any authority tests cab-drivers location knowledge before issuing them a permit ? And what about some cabbies not using the meters ? kaneeneh....!

Complain to the authorities I prompted her but she replied with a shrug "you kidding me ?...would I get my refund back for the difference ?". Opps.....we do have a "taxi" minister in the prime minister's department, no ? I secretly had to agree and pushed no further.

So there you go Malaysians. Just take a good look at the charts and don't forget to view the video too in the link. 
Sybas 1Malaysia....shame on you bad and rotten cabbies !  

3 comments:

fakemalaysianews said...

I use taxis in KL quite a bit. The ones I hail are ok but there are ones that aim to stalk a foreign tourist coming out of KLCC or Bintang Walk and overcharge them. These guys always get you in the taxi and once you are moving they do the high pressure sell, overcharge etc etc.

Ive also had some genuinely kind and friendly taxi driver too so I cant say they are all bad. The bus and Taxis need to somehow coexist.

Tiger said...

Should read Gunasegaran's article in the Star today.
Reveal who's holding 5000 (five thousand) taxi permits.
Just one person, ok?

Anonymous said...

Now they want to bite the hands that fed them with all the goodies they never had before!
Hello taxi drivers, no need to become Ambassdors for PR, because soon you will get more goodies from the 1Malaysia Spendthrift
We don't need Bankrupt Nation Taxi Sapu ASSes to bolster PR!

Zabuk1958