Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Where's my *%$#@*&^+! shoes ??

3 things that really "pisses me off" first thing on any given morning are bad governance, not drinking my strong, sweet and cold black coffee, as only Sri would do and IF somebody stole my shoes !

Yes...... somebody stole my shoes this morning and I'm literally hopping bare-feet mad !!...see this must have happened between 4.30am. (that's the time I got back home after a supper of "roti banjir special" with TV Smith, Arnaz and SB Loy) and 6.30 this morning.

I'm pissed too, with the knowledge that somebody actually scaled my fence, breached the sanctity of my compound and took his/their time to take not 1 but 2 pairs of my "not expensive" but comfortable old shoes, from the shoe cabinet, away with them !

I'm pissed too that the local police were missing from their scheduled rounds in and around my neighbour-hood for a long time now and this sheer laziness or bad governance on their part as guardians of tax-paying citizens, inspires and encourages these opportunists or burglars/thieves/rogues the cheek and confidence to go about happily " house-hopping and taking anything of value" away with them !! I should know as I usually return home around the ghostly hours daily !

And this has been going on for the last 4 years in my neighbour-hood, despite my constant nagging and bugging with the men-in-blue.....to a point that they can instantly recognise my cell phone number and address me by name ! ( if you care to read my many earlier postings regarding my "brushes" with cops !)

When will all this end ? Do I have to forever make these calls to them advising/ suggesting that they are "no good" cruising in a patrol car in residential areas but instead be more effective on motor-cycles and in pairs patrolling not just on the main road but into back-alleys and side-lanes too and to stop, check and question anyone in motion at that hour as their ID too will surely not reflect an address belonging to my neighbour-hood ? Hardly anyone has a good reason to be out that late/early, more so, as I know my neighbour-hood is pretty quiet after midnight !

But no sireee, they won't even consider taking constructive advise/ suggestions from mere mortals like me !...hmmmm, how could they and why should they ?? But one thing is for sure about our men-in-blue..... they are perpetually hungry, hence the corner "mamak" stall is where they "hang-out" for the better part of their shift !

And about the coffee part.....well that's another story for another day !

And in the words of pasquale...."No cheers today" !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did pak-polis tell you... allah dua pasang kasut aja, banyak bising.. lagi kes lebih serius kat meja kita, you nak bising tentang kasut ! heheh..that is what you will hear them saying in a joking manner.

Anonymous said...

I think its about time you joined the club and bought yourself a nice pair of Crocs.
If you go for roti banjir special supper, rather than the Old Klang Road fish head for the next two weeks, I think you'll save enough to get yourself a pair...

A.John said...

Angry ha ! There are many things happening around that keeps me constantly in an angry mode ! You report a loss, they say ' Rpt. for insurance claims ah! , & that's end of story. Yes it is so frustrating but others always seem to have bigger problems than mine!
Cheers pal.