Monday, November 17, 2008

6th. Candle Light Vigil 16-11-2008-in pictures

They came in all ages, religions and color....
amazing thing was, they came with their families.....
Evelyn striking a coy smile in the background....with candle of course !
a part of the attentive and brave crowd...
YB Teresa(my face-book friend too) addressing the attentive vigiliers........
DelCarpo looking mean and macho with a blazing candle.....
and this little boy, bored to the speeches made decided to amuse himself with the dripping wax...
Din Merican addressing the crowd.....
3 nuns and the "holy ghost" with Tony G. and Jared on the left.
ahhh.... I finally got to meet elusive fellow blogger Estrelita(right) with son Jared and friend Meryl. Cheers for the company Lita and thanks !
The star of every vigil - Syzen me thinks her name is !
barret donning Pet with another ardent supporter !
Yes I told you before they came with their families...seen here are Pereira and his daughter (left 1st and 2nd.) and the Netto's with their son ....and incidentally John(centre) is originally from Taiping.


There you go folks ..the 6th. candle-light vigil last night under a humid sky in the vicinity of the PJ Civic Centre compound, courtesy with permits applied for by the state representatives in the exco and went without any unpleasant incidences, unlike the last one which was bloopered and barged-in by the moronic men-in-blue.

Now why can't a bunch of innocent candle-carrying and tax-paying citizens spend their Sunday night assembled peacefully in any place they want ? Do they need permission to even gather to hold candles ? Do they look like a "national threat" to the police ?? Or do they look like they need police protection ( as in police arrest/detention) ??

Thank you all good and brave people of civil society in Malaysia ! Cheeeeers !

3 comments:

SFGEMS said...

Hey, you took a nice picture of me with Jared and Mariel (I think she said Mariel).

Anyway, it was great to finally meet up after 6 weeks of the cat and mouse game.

Will catch up with you again!

Take care! :)

zorro said...

The beer tasted better after this glorious gathering of brave souls,Yes? Your birthday gift sure takes good pics.

GobloKing said...

thanks for pix shangs!

you put a HUGE smile on my face!!
I am still SMILING !!! (I vaguely remember having such smiles but let's not go into my private life shall we? :)

& OMG they didn't tell me in parochial school that the Holy ghost got mouse-tache one?

Also very beautiful bloggers (lita? evelyn?) as well...wow...aunty must put on full war paint when I show up ah?

And to those parents who are bringing up their kids to be politically aware - I APPLAUD YOU!

You are right. Msia belongs to the Future Generations of every color!

And don't some donkeys come tell me these were irresponsible parents ..because I can already hear the bloomin' idiots rumbling!