Monday, February 02, 2009

my "city-day" lesson !

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".
Mohandas Gandhi
I heard this yesterday during sermon in church.....and it got me thinking and pondering later that evening at a function I attended with friends in Kampung Nakhoda near Batu Caves at the invitation of Haris .

I must say it was a pleasant....well...actually a very pleasant evening that I learnt so much about this Jemaat Ahmandiyah group. So with the the original stance that All-Blogs took, I, in my capacity as a micro blogger, vowed to engage, learn and interact with anyone's who's right to free speech, assembly, practice, worship and very existence as fellow Malaysians, is threatened by powers or law contradicting to what is clearly enshrined as our rights in our constitution.

Thus I post below, photos I think you might also want to see for yourself of yesterday's "Majlis Mesra Rakyat" in conjunction with "city-day" !

....see that long banner below ?...."love for all, hatred for none".....fundamental trait of all religions, yes ?
...and the many "reports" of shutting down this "Baitussalam" plastered on a notice board....
...and the many who turned up for this fellowship, to listen to the friendly and grieving voices of this fellow Malaysians, and to also listen to their own hearts....
....the moderator or organiser, Ainul Yakin Mud Zain welcoming us to part-take in this "get-to-gather" evening for the rakyat...
....the National President, giving an introduction of Qadiani's existence in Malaysia....
...followed by Haris thanking the Jemaat folks for the invitation extended to "ignorants" ......like me ....
.....a section of those present....attentively enjoying the speakers....nothing political though....
....and another section....listening intently to the introductions...
....and finally, "chow-time" and the ladies were served in another corner of the house.....away from the men...
....the gentleman with the white "songkok" is a Malaysian of Dutch origins who has lived here for 52 years and has happily embraced the muslim faith....
....while others resorted to inquire with keen ears for information....and knowledge...
.....ahhhh...the little kids and the "hope" of the future....
...and I am told, Mohamad Zain is the oldest person in this community at 89 !....

I came back with a renewed respect for these people....be they of their right to any belief. Me thinks, if we do not "listen"( I mean really listen !) then we are thus much less educated !

p.s.....and that quote from the great Gandhi-ji above.......well....you can use it in any circumstance, context or subject you deem fit ! I did !

Cheers !!

No comments: