Tuesday, September 04, 2007

So you think you are 50 erh ?



So we have turned 50 yes... yeah..yahooo ? Great to be 50 years old...but did you see ( or didn't ) the aftermath of the celebrations, the sights the tv cameras didn't show or the ugly reports not printed in the media or till later ??


Sure we can all act and talk like we're 50 and matured to stand up with the rest of the world and condemn anyone who criticise us....yes, but remember people...IF you don't think like a 50 year old , we are no better from the day we were born.... infantile, immatured and in other words just KIDS !
Just a few minutes ago I was at the Brickfields Post Office and with an envelope to buy a postage stamp. I had a number and was waiting my turn and after about 20 minutes (this is considered fast...and it is a shame the postal service has never improved in their service counters from way back then...that's why we all resort to alternative and super-effecient mediums - emails !) sorry to digress, but when my number was finally called, and by the time I could reach the counter, there was this burly fellow already talking to the staff manning the counter. I asked the staff at the counter at the same time flashing my number, why he was entertaining this moron, and looking sheepishly the postal staff asked the moron for his number. Yes he had a number but it was 5 numbers after mine....so I curtly told him to go back and wait his turn..(No...he was not blind, old, physicaly handicapped....well perhaps mentally...or even a lady !) So what was his problem ?? Just a plain idiotic Malaysian with an atitude, that's all !!! It's the mind-set people......the mind-set !!! We have not evolved much from that portrait on the top-right hand corner of this post !!


And that folks is one of the ways to be responsible and matured in our way of life......others are like throwing rubbish ANYWHERE...even from moving vehicles and spitting anywhere we please...most especially at public eateries, dashing across the road even if there is an over-head pedestrian bridge or never at designated places at junctions just to name a few ! Sad indeed to say we are 50 years old when our mind-set has remained on freeze-mode at 5 !
God save Malaysians !!!

6 comments:

zorro said...

Shanghai Steve, in PJ the stamp counter is open on a first come first served basis....no need for number. Is Samy still dictating things in Brickfields toddy haunts? But you did the right thing....demand as is your right. I only give my place to very pregnant women and very senior citizens.

Alliedmartster said...

Bro....not only that. Don;tforget if you are 'somebody' you canake things happen,hence the phrase 'Malaysia Boleh'!
SHites man...the illegals can pay their way, those blue and white folks can pay their way through (ijok) and thats the story in Malaysia,mah!

Anonymous said...

You are really grat you don't even know me and you accuse me of being infantile.
you didn't I thought you did when you branded all Malaysians as being stupid boorish and inconsiderate based on your experience with one person....
i really should read more of your insightful writing

Shanghai Fish said...

ketua kerani,
where have you been to be so naive to all that is happening around you ?and yes I do not know you, but I am never one to base my allegations in one episode !Stop acting so dumb, please and having lived for over 50 years and having seen the total lack of the most basic actions of Malaysians and their "kiasu" attitude you will know what I'm talking about ! Open and change your mind-set too please...!Go on read all my earlier postings and maybe you'd get a clearer picture.
In the meantime ...cheers !

backStreetGluttons said...

are u surprised when the majority seems so happy when they are supposed to be fasting and resisting temptations of all kinds
so even good men becomes bad when they mix with them ,now what is wrong in not awaiting his turn ( what turn and fairlplay when the majority is priviledged and parasites the minority ).
No sir it aint possible in Malaysia ! here the dirtier man wins bruder as you already know

Legambaz said...

A major problem, I have observed, with the Malaysian sociaty is overly submisive to majority. "Everyone is like that, aiah! Just follow lah. Easier life than doing differently loh." Most are too willingly to forgo their own opinion or principle (or maybe they didn't have none of those to begin with).

I believe my opinion do matters. And holding on to my principle allows me to take a deep breath and say"I'm alive!" "I'm not a clone". My action do make a difference in the gene pool.

Instead of dropping jaw and drool over the lifeways of people in some more developed societies, stop being a clone! If you think they should take all them horrible solar parking meters away in PJ and replace them with hot,skinny meter mates, ask for it.