Saturday, December 22, 2007

300+1 Bangladeshis !


I am a proud Malaysian and am glad of our super-mega developments and towering-progress status attained over the years in terms of world-wide recognition where we are now "masters"and can well afford to employ cheap foreign labour........but what I read in the Malay Mail yesterday ( here ) and again today ( here ) makes me wanna literally puke at Malaysians......stories high-lighting the plight of the 300 Bangladeshis and of that lone and humiliating pose struck by this poor Bangladeshi fellow ! (see pictures on the right and kudos to the Malay Mail team ! )

When I say, I wanna puke at Malaysians, yes, I meant at the corrupt authorities who have no bloody conscience and have no damn reason to care for the working conditions entitled or specifically laid out in the foreign workers contract ! Respect for "rights" is just a "wool" used generously by the authorities in this country ! And I am so ashamed of us !

Why are both the Bangladesh and Malaysian authorities, allowing this to happen right here in our alleyways ? How much is a Bangladeshi's pride worth ? Do you think he doesn't deserve any dignity ? Put yourself in their shoes....errr ....slippers (if that's all they can ill afford !)

I say we drag these corrupt employers and their agents through the streets of the city with cards round their necks with the words "I have cheated and abused my foreign employees and I am proud of it because I'm a Malaysian " !

I am also told that for every 1 registered and legitimate agent there are 3 illegal "foreigner-employing" agents.....and that our "corrupt authorities" are fully aware of and may even be on their "pay-roll"........hmmm....which of course, like a ton of bricks, all will deny and demand from me for evidence and..... for which I won't be able to produce....so.....there !! But remember this word..."conscience"!

We have just "korban-ed" and it's the season of Christmas....... and I'm feeling "sick" reading these 2 articles.........and I'm redirecting all my "Christmas wishes" to the plight of these 300 + 1 men who are treated with contempt and subjected to live like dogs !!

Of course I know too of the few kind and generous Malaysians who have come out to feed and comfort these "alley-way" destitutes.......but is that alone enough ? Sheeesh ! Yes and I also know of the plight of many Malaysian families suffering in the east-coasts states of Malaysia because of the floods !

Merry Christmas to all you Malaysians and hope you can all have a "pleasant sleep" !!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malaysia always tells the world we are the best. We are best for bullying illegals, we are best for mistreating illegals. We are truly Asia. A country which does not treat illegals with dignity has no right to call itself civilised. A country which beats up peaceful demonstrators has no right to pontificate to the world. A country which has no respect for civil liberties is a country without a soul.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Ancient Mariner said...

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you and family, Stephen.

zorro said...

For 2008, you and Zorro will team up and with "sponsors" money go on an ENTRAPMENT jig. You bet the fat cats at the immigration department will take the bait. With our resources we can smoke out the rotten in the Department. Just visit the Immigration department and you can sense what is going on. Think about it ....and hard....this vacation period. We'll talk about this come Tuesday, Hokay? Will splash a few for you this season....although I ain't in the mood to celebrate when I do not have the birth-right to call God Allah.

Editor said...

Stephen,
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Yes, spare a thought for the Bangladeshis and all the unfortunate in our society!

Rajahram

cohong gym said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.