Monday, November 12, 2012

tested and verified ?

I was born a Catholic in Malaysia but I cannot/dare not lay claim to be living a good Christian life at that. I cannot quote any verse from the Bible although I did read some but I am very bad with numbers. I marvel at any "miracle" and will be happy for the believers yet prefer to be steadfast in my own beliefs. In other words I cannot be easily convinced or converted. To a Muslim I am an "infidel". I have no problem with that tag. To moderates and friends I'm a brother. And to you my dear reader, don't be too hasty and judge me a persona non grata Catholic....unless you are sinless.(the parable of Jesus and the prostitute against the "holy" pharisees comes to mind from somewhere in the Bible !) Otherwise I hope I can considered myself a Catholic.
  
The above images or apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary that appeared on the glass windows at the Subang Medical Center in Subang Jaya is the talk of the Catholic community at mass this morning and throughout the Catholic community in Malaysia. This "apparition" sighting has caused much chaos and traffic jams over the weekend around the Subang Jaya area inconveniencing plenty. Now news of this "miracle"  has also gone viral via social medias and some foreign news-portals have picked it up too. But the Catholic Church in Malaysia is withholding an official comment until the image is "tested" (I really don't know how  or what they're going to do the testing here) and verified by theologians and church authorities. 
See here and here for the full story. 

But of course you won't read about this "miracle" in your local daily like the Utusan Malaysia or Berita Harian until it "spins" out of control, right ? 

With all the "cooked-up" crap we read of in our main-stream dailies, from the recent Nurul's declaration (here) to Guan Eng's alleged "Christian state" (here) how are the Islamic authorities (especially the state religious body or JAIS ) going to handle this issue ? Will they be fearful of mass conversions and unnecessary persecution of innocents or are they going to be matured and civil about such sightings. A steadfast and secured believer of any religion needs not worry about out-side influences but an insecured and weak minded person will certainly go on the defensive, no ?

   
So my point is, will these so-called church theologians come clean or will they be "coerced  and compromised" to be politically correct in  this once secular but now Islamic country (as that corrupt and racist ex-premier Tun Mahathir had declared) on their observations and "tests" as to verify this "miracle" ?  

Will they say its a plot hatched by Guan Eng and company to pave and "christianise" the road to Putrajaya or will they say its a hoax by the hospital authorities to hasten the sick Catholics of the country to seek treatment here or will they say it was the genius stroke of fraud to hood-wink and convert the Muslims ? Whatever the outcome, I hope I can still be considered a Malaysian Catholic without prejudice.

Shalom ! 

1 comment:

Tiger said...

After this, sure Sime Darby will renovate that wing!
;)