Monday, December 15, 2008

10th candle-light vigil-(14-12-2008)

Bernard kicked off the 10th. candle-light vigil with his take on the continuous presence of civil society at these vigils will eventually bring about change and the ultimate abolishment of the dreaded ISA in Malaysia.
Nat Tan, a political detainee himself was as usual among the crowd.....
....then the masked man complete with cape struck....
....met Stephen Grosse (Lita's dearest !) from Singapore for the first time today...
....again the reluctant Haris, who insisted he'd not speak today, took to the mike after much demands( mostly popular...) from the crowd......the good doctor (hic !) and partner....and ahhh....yes...Patricia(another first-timer) of "the english cottage" fame with her "donated" candle on the right background !
DelCapo's dedicates his candle-cup (his version) for the controversial and much harassed "Jerit" cyclist who are currently criss-crossing the country in the name of peace ! The last time any bunch of cyclist ever rode in a pack.......was when, then known, Malaya, was captured ....by the Japanese riding down from Siam during the second world war !
....the ever pleasant Lita showing a captured photo to a little supporter, with Vicky and Stephen looking on ..... yo !
aaahhh.....what a beaming smile from "chilli-padi" Ee Chai..... and she packs from Taiping too, with Lokeman looking on approvingly.... !
I swear I wrote this gentleman's name against this photo, but heck.....it's dissappeared ! But I do remember his son's name: little Arian age 4 (up-date 18-12-08) with blogger-daddy KV Soon of "random thoughts" - thank you sir !
opps.....looks like more names that I wrote has dissappeared when down-loading ! Let's see, of course that's regular Queenie and first-timer Bhavani.....yes ?
and yes, my memory serves me well....here's Adi and his partner Mimi (she's a first timer too !)
a section of the vigiliers !( names anyone ?)....
...and the masked-man, unmasked here .....Syukree Hussain an activist and a bahasa contributor to MalaysiaToday
and these brave and dashing men from Rasa whose names have also gone kaput, except that I remember Ramesh standing far right ! Apologies gentlemen.....some "bug" screwed my cell-phone memory card ! sheeesh !)
...Pat in the back-ground on her mobile, with Nat and Claire standing and seated on the tarmac are "the Whisperer" with young Nicole Renee Low !
....first timers Sharon Lam and Jing Pei.....but where is Gabrielle ????
....and finally Loong and Maria ,..... yes ?
So sorry folks, there's been a major "cock-up" with the memory card on my cell-phone camera, thus have to work with my "old" memory only...if I have got the names wrong, my apologies and yes, if you do remember your name, please comment and I'd make the changes on the photographs ! Once again, thank you for being there. Your presence was priceless !

Cheers and Godbless !

4 comments:

TheWhisperer said...

Wah Stephen, such a detailed write-up. I met up with many of them and I still don't have any idea what their name are.

You even managed to dig their background info.. Really wonder how you do it, my friend.

Nice pics too.

Anonymous said...

Stephen,
You are having all the fun! It great to see so many new faces. I will make it a point to be there whenever I am in PJ. Keep up with the pix.

Pat said...

Hello Stephen,

I remember being introduced to you that night. My first time there - and sooooo many names to remember. I so understand what you're saying! Although I think you've done a great job of remembering them!

You actually 'got' a pix of me - I'm the one behind CruzinThots and his partner :)

Pat

SFGEMS said...

Hi Stephen, Love your name! ;)

You took a great candid shot of me with that lovely child. It depicts a poignant moment of the vigil. Thank you. I love it.

Hugs for you! Lita